ERASMUS + English page
The Lower Secondary School Istituto Comprensivo Tione is involved in a programme to improve the quality of language teaching also through the CLIL approach.
Our institute consists of two middle schools and five primary schools located in Trentino Sud-Tirol, in the Dolomiti del Brenta area.
We have been admitted to a KA1 Erasmus + Project with an evaluation of 100/100 gaining great appreciation among teachers, pupils, parents and stakholders in general (press included).
The aim of our project is twofold.
- To improve English and German language teaching, learning and assessment in our institute and in the wider physical and virtual school community.
- To comply with the rules and regulations of the Autonomous Province of Trento regarding the acquisition of language skills (Trilingual Project) at the end of primary school, also through the CLIL approach.
At the moment there are CLIL classes in some forms only in our primary schools and we are experimenting such an approach also in our secondary schools (pupil aged 11-13).
Our Erasmus + Project has undergone the following phases:
- Selection on participating teachers.
- Teacher training and refresher courses to reinforce their language skills, CLIL methodology and the use of the E-Twinning platform (in Tione).
- Implementation of projects developed by the teachers in their own classes in 2016-17 school year and sharing of the acquired experience and skills with their colleagues through specific group activities.
The Project will envisage the following further phases:
- Training mobility of the selected 19 teachers in Ireland and Germany (July 2017).
- Implementation of projects developed by the teachers in their own classes in 2017-18 school year and sharing of the acquired experience and skills with their colleagues through specific group activities.
We intend to resort to the E-Twinning platform to create a better environment for students and teachers to share their experiences and teaching proposals through the development of real networks between them.
Whoever is interested in further Information on our activities in Italian, English or German and wishes to collaborate with us, is kindly invited to get in touch with us.
Contacts: Chiara Pasquini, school manager and former teacher of English, e-twinner and EU grant writer, involved in the project on an equal basis with our teachers.